Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tokonang Den (7)

Anaknya Lima

Mahu ke mana adik yang manis
Jalan sendiri tiada berkawan
Dalam nya rintik hujan gerimis
Habis basah kuyup aku kasihan..

.... Titiek Sandhora & Muchsin

This picture was taken when we were on our way down south - for a sosial cum educational visit to Sekolah Menengah Perempuan, Jalan Kolam Ayer in Kuala Lumpur and Sekolah Datok Abdul Razak, Seremban. The year was 1972 and we were in Form Four then.

It was a normal excursion organised by a handful of enterprising students (Batch 73) from the Form 4 Science A, led by Syed Hamzah (Syed Bone). Kamarshah, Omar Suhaimi and I were in Form 4 Science B then. But we were invited by the organiser for the trip - as part of the contigency plan, I guessed, in case we were requested to do a bit of 'entertaining!. Entertainment indeed it was. But at the very first stop, in Sekolah Perempuan Kolam Ayer, it was a bombshell! At least to me. I made a terrible mistake that I regretted up until now. I was asked by the host to perform a duet with their 'singer' - singing a song 'Anaknya Lima'. What had gotten into me then was something that I could not explained but it was silly of me. I substituted the last two words of the final verse with two 'vulgar' words that shocked everybody, even me! Even though I apologised to Shamsinar (the singer) and to En. Ahmad Shafie, I knew I had spoiled their 'majlis', dissapointed and failed the group. We did not falter and fall into the same trap when performing in SDAR but due to lack of practice, we had not done justice to our presentation.

Nonetherless, the trip down south reminded me of the vending machine project that Batch 73 (Form 4 then) ventured into. Syed Hamzah - as the main guy behind the scheme - should be commended for that brilliant and enterprising idea. Remember how that project got us together - dutifully we followed the roster and collect those bottles (every single bottle returned will be refunded with 10 cents by the company). Azlan, Awang, Yeah, Wang Huseng, Wang Zeng, every body .. even our own Datok K were not spared!! Such a camaraderie!

There were other trips organised after the trip down south - of notable was the one to Butterworth, to Telok Batek (Telok Batak, then). But I personally was not aware of those trips or could it be that my memory has failed me!. Anyway, some of these trips were privately and 'quietly' organised and personally sponsored (together with other school - especially the girl's!). Could the reason be that these girls were actually eyeing for the trial examination papers? Aha!! Perhaps.

It was quite sometime since I last heard from Fadhil Hasan. He had SMSed me when I was in Ipoh for the Old Boy's Weekend last month and apologised for not be able to join the OBW - he had his hand full minding his children!. Nevertherless, I presume Fadhil is doing alright and keeping himself fit and busy. InsyaAllah, we shall be hearing from Fadhil soon -another wedding!? - just pulling your legs guys!!

10 comments:

  1. I was aware about the Kolam Air trip but I only knew about the Teluk Batik trip in March 2008 during our ( Omar Dollah, Mat, Lan Chik and myself ) trip to Bachok. Until todate I still could not figure out why I was not invited or even informed about the trip. Was it because I was busy with my activities outside the school compound after school hours or was it due to other reasons I do not wish to elaborate here.

    We did ask Wak Khairuddin on why he too was not invited and his answer was straight and simple " Aku tak handsome ".

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Rostam and Jabbar,
    Wak Khairuddin masa tu mungkin tak handsome dan tak "Elite" pasal tu he was not invited kot.Rostam and myself we probably falls under the same clasifications.Tam aku sedar siapalah aku pada masa tu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mat & Tam,

    (1) korang tak abis lagi pasai Teluk Batik trip. I thought Wan Zain had clarified this between all of you White House guys.

    (2) on the Kolam Ayer trip I remember we (the gitar kapok group) played a song "Mammy Blue" and a Malay song which I cannot remember. As for the song that Jabbar sang in duet with Samsinar (mana dia sekarang ah?), I barely remember but it was close to sounding like "habis basah kuyup selu.. dal.."

    (3) again the Butterworth trip was mentioned but I would not know if there is another trip organized apart from the Butterworth trip during a school holiday which I followed, organized by Ma'el Gebang. We stayed at a flat rented by one USM student - who was a popular rugger player (not Starian, though). Details can be revealed over tea tarik.

    Chow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omar,

    Teluk Batik trip ni sampai bila pun tak boleh habis. It was ok tak kena invited tapi ni inform pun tidak. What say u panglimaomar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kejam kejam pasal depa tak invite hang Rostam? Aku batch aku dulu tak invite aku sekali pi Tg Rambutan Waterfall 33 tahun aku tegor sapa depa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pusing belakang, pusing belakang! Aku tak lupa joke OmarSuhaimi bila bas dah lepas pekan Pusing on d way balik dari Telok Batak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rahim?! Omaq, hangpa pun pii Telok Batek jugak? No wonder Rostam hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jabbar,

    Aku taklah hot sangat. Kalau depa ajak pun mungkin aku tak ikut sebab masa tu aku takut dan malu sama perempuan. Kalau sekarang lainlah. Aku yang nak ajak depa ikut aku pergi Mentari..

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sympathy to you Tam, it was just not nice for anyone to have left you in the dark about the trip to Telok Batak(Batek) then or could it be that you were "missing in action"...Bro where were you??? Nevertheless I still believe nobody had any intention to had done that on purpose to you. Cheer up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear All,
    Aku setuju sangat dengan cadangan Omasuha.Yes Lets have a tea tarik session after the Hari Raya. Rostam can be a good host and Mentari is not a bad choice. Should a neutral ground is needed then someone please suggest.Insyaallah I will attend.

    ReplyDelete